There are many services that an architect can offer to you. I think few are on-demand and few you can customize as per your requirement. Let me list down services my architect rendered.
- Preparing Concepts - It's nothing but your house plan. What comes where, which materials to use, and all other details
- Providing SOQ (Schedule of Quantities ) - Providing list of things to be done with quantities. For example - 900 cft of brick wall masonary, 1200 Sft of plastering with 1:4 mixture sponge finish, 1000 Sft of flooring with granite etc
- Checking the quality of the work being done - This is done at many stages. Before earth excavation checking the markings, at plinth level, at sill level, lintel level, before roofing, plastering, flooring, finishing.
- Providing working drawing for:
* Masonary work
* Structural work - Beams, Roofs, Pillars, Stairs
* Wood work - Doors, Windows, Frames etc
* Electrical work - Piping, Light and heat points etc
* Plumbing work
* Fabricating work
- Checking the bill provided by Builder - At all stages
- Providing consultation/ suggestions on various approaches
- Providing valuable consultation on ventilation and light - Options for hot air exit, sky lights etc