Sowmya: Air goes inside body and air weight increases the body weight.
It made lot of sense and it was a consensus.
My theory was: Human weight depends on his consciousness. By mind's power he can generate a force against gravity and thus he weighs little less than actual weight. When he dies, the weight immediately increases a little, i.e. before even air occupies the body. This also gives a support for those stories where we hear people can sit and walk on water.
Sunil: Body's weight is not at all dependent on consciousness.
Very interesting topic huh !
Your thought ??:
Please do let me know what you think in this theory??
Today I was googling on body weight and related topics. Did not get anything on these lines, but I got another very interesting article, which tries to prove that Human Soul has weight :-)
Reference: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Religion (Soul Man)
In the above link, Dr. MacDougall tries convey following on the basis of his experiments with dying people:
1. Human Soul has a weight of 3/4 of an ounce
2. Only human beings have souls and no other animals do. He tested on Dog and he draws the verdict
3. He also tries to captures Soul's photo using X-Rays
4. He claims Soul to be a Physical substance
As we all know Hindu philosophy has explained a lot on 'Atman' - The Soul. Some of the points derived from Hindu Philosophy which contradicts Dr. MacDougall's theory:
1. Atman is niraakaara (Formless), nirvikaara (unchangeable), nirguna (No Attributes), anaadi (Birth less) and ananta (Endless). This contradicts that Soul has any weight, colour, visibility, Form. So this completely contradicts, that soul is a physical entity
2. According to Dwaita siddhanta Atman has 2 forms, Jeevaathma and Paramatma. Jeevatma is the one which gives life. Or it can be considered as Life. So it clearly contradicts, that animal does not have soul. All living beings has Souls
Please share your thoughts..