Sunday, July 06, 2008

Drive into Nagarahole

This story is continuation of Trip to Nagarahole - Coorg

The Realization

Thursday night I kept 3 Alarms at 3:45 AM, 4 AM and 4:15 AM for the next morning. We both were determined to leave latest by 5:30 AM.  I got up for the second Alarm at 4AM and woke Thimmi as well. Both got ready by 5 and started at around 5:15 AM. To reach Mysore road from my home takes around 10 min. One I was there, the fun began. I could rip my car at around 100-120 till I reached Mandya. We have our favorite restaurant called Sharada Restaurant. We had tasted when we had visited Mysore few years back (Ooops I have not blogged that trip yet!!). As it was just 7 AM and restaurant was just open, we could get only coffee and upma. We sipped the drink and moved on. At Srirangapattana we deviated as per the route discussed, I took right towards Ranganatittu and Hunsur. By that time it was around 7:30 AM. Had breakfast at Hunsur. After Hunsur, I knew it was full of Jungle till I reach Chilligeri estate, so we had to force some food in.

From Hunsur it takes less than 15 min to enter Nagarahole Jungle. At the entrance, you have to give all your and your vehicle details to the security guard and enter in. Note: Two wheelers are not allowed inside. The fun stated from there onwards:

The Jungle Road, welcome by Jumbo

It was just around 8AM when we were into deep jungle of Naragahole. The roads were empty, it was complete silence. You can feel it in the video below. After few distance we could witness a Jumbo Elephant on the road. We were just speachless. Happy, scared and confused.. Wow that moment were amazing..

 

 

After some distance from there, we could witness a lot of Deers. We moved towards National Park Entrance via Murkal. At Murkal there is an Elephant camp, but there is no permission for public to go inside. We could see few elephants standing outside.

 

Story Board:

Drive into Nagarahole -> Chilligeri Estate ->Irpu Falls -> Waynad (Kuruva, Tirunelli) -> Talakaveri -> Madikeri/Kushalanagar

1 comment:

satishds said...

The elephant video was superb. I can imagine the excitement you guys must've gone through. Mast maja maadideera.cool