Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Irpu: The Falls

Story continued from Trip to Nagarahole - Coorg -> Drive into Nagarahole -> Chilligeri Estate

 

The Drive:

We started at around 3PM on Friday towards Irpu, which according to Land Lady was only 2 KM from Estate. By the time I reached the falls my meter read around 7 KM. Roads were very bad. The scenic beauty overdid the bad the bad roads. The mist was amazing. We could hardly see tips of Brahmagiri Hills.

The Falls:

I had visited Irpu when I was in 7th grade.  Man there was no comparison. It was like a tap water when I visited long back. But now, the sound at the gate itself was hinting me that the falls is huge. There is an entrance and parking fee (About 10 bucks per person and 10 for my car, dont remember exactly). I could see amazing improvements on the pathway towards the falls. There was not problem to reach the falls even though it was pouring. The whole pathway is cemented and no chance of skidding. I liked it..

After 15 min of climbing up the Brahmagiri hills, we could see the gigantic falls. Wow.. I never expected that our trip would turn so beautiful suddenly. Enjoy the video

 

 

Story Board:

Drive into Nagarahole -> Chilligeri Estate ->Irpu Falls -> Waynad (Kuruva, Tirunelli) -> Talakaveri -> Madikeri/Kushalanagar

No comments: